Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bean pots and clocks- The Weekly Challenge Update

Well let's see this week has been busy at work, tieing up loose ends and working the weekend so I can take all this thanksgiving off! I finished the clock for my Uncle, got a bean pot that was my paternal grandmother's, a butter belle-the one we had while I was growing up- great booty from Mom's closet! Repaired the small George Foreman grill I keep at work so I can have a hot lunch, And installed some LED Lights on the back porch with a switch - it is so dark back there but not anymore!





Sharon's Independence Days Challenge- Year two, week 30
1. Plant something: Nothing
2. Harvest something: Acorn Squash

Preserve something- nope
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something) -Repaired my George Forman Grill at work, Obtained my Grandma's Bean Pot- older than me and still making beans
5. Preparation and Storage: Installed LED lights and a switch on back porch;
6. Build Community Food Systems: Got some local Parmesan cheese from Eat Local store; found out he is also the drop off for two CSA’s!
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new): Acorn Squash, Pumpkin Soup from pumpkin that I pureed and froze; potatoes


Melinda’s Growing Challenge: Not much to report on. Got a Bhut Jolokia pepper in the mail from Red Icculus's Blog- plan on saving seeds and growing

Meat Free Mondays: Had a muffin and coffee for breakfast, mac and cheese for lunch and some vegetable soup and a baked potato for dinner

Ditch The Disposables - Big FAIL this week went to a potluck at work- didn’t bring my utensils so had to use plastic cutlery, although I used the same fork for the meal AND dessert


Buy Hand challenge: My Uncle’s clock for his garage (man- cave) is done

No comments: