Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Homegrown dinner


Well not exactly- I bought some acorn squash at the Farmers Market, and when I was cleaning it out, I started thinking to myself "Why not roast the seeds?" And boy I was glad I did- just like pumpkin seeds- I follow this method and slighlty salt them, roast them the same time the squash was roasting in the oven and = WOW! If Melinda's pancakes are considered PanCrack, then these should be considered Organic Meth. I have been happily munching them all night. And this plate in the picture was full of seeds- I have been happily munching on them. And I found out there are numerous recipes in blogland for acorn squash. Wow squash for dinner followed by acorn squash seeds for a snack- I am slowly turning into a hippie! Although it has long been suspected that I already was a hippie.

No comments: