Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Challenge update




Plant something: Garlic, Beets, icicle radishes

Prep something: currently installing a window on the south wall of my kitchen- it should let in more light and help warm the kitchen

Harvest something: Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers

Manage something:not this week

Cook Something New:Blackberry fritters

Work on Local Food Systems: Participated in NW Bloggers picnic

Reuse, reduce, recycle or repair or Compost something: reusing 6 X 4’S for my window project

Learn a skill: nope

CRUNCHY DOMESTIC GODDESS’ 5 MINUTE SHOWER CHALLENGE : One day this week I stayed in the shower for 10 minutes due to a sore shoulder. The water massage blasted it. I felt so guilty I didn't shower the next day.




MELINDA'S GROWING CHALLENGE: Borage is in full bloom, the flowers do not taste like honey they taste like cucumber! I didn't realize how big the plant would get- next year it will get it's own spot not share with my huckleberries. Gave the broccoli some liquid gold.


JENNIFER'S STOP THE LEAKS CHALLENGE: Caulked the windows. Adding a duo-pane window to the kitchen on the southern wall, hoping to help warm the kitchen and give some light, too

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the borage is doing well. Saw some in the Seattle Tilth garden and they were close to 3' tall! My huckleberries are gignormous. They're 4' tall, 4' wide, and ready to take over the world!! However, they taste... tart. What the heck do you do with them? Jam I guess...?

Connie said...

I'd count those windows in managing things.

If that isn't learning something new, you are quite handy!

Robj98168 said...

Melinda- Huckleberries are tart. They make fine jam but also make fine pies!

Verde-I never thought of that. Not new- I've had to do it before on this old dump