Saturday, October 24, 2009

Buy Hand Challenge: A Soap Stand for Mom


I saw a soap stand on Ikea Hacker- made from a heavy candle stick and a pie plate- Not wanting to ruin the Buy Hand Challenge buy buying new or wasting what could be a perfectly good Pie Tin (In hopes of pie for later) I started scavenging the thrift store up the street- Here is what I came up with: I found a great small round metal platter and a brass candle stick. I simply super glued the candle stick to the metal platter and spray painted in my mom's bathroom colors! (Or what I perceive them to be). Next step is to find some handmade soaps for the tray. This could be a perfect gift for aunt or a friend or someone who likes baths with fancy soaps I guess.

6 comments:

Fleecenik Farm said...

Very Cool!

Unknown said...

What a great gift idea, I'm sure your mom wil love it! I love the details on the tray. Thanks for linking up to Trash to Treasure Tuesday, please remember to add a link back to REINVENTED in your post, thanks!

Unknown said...

What an ingenious idea! I also saw the candle stick with a beautiful small dish of china with hand painted roses. It looked fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

I am going to definitely go click your "Follow" button to come back more often. Please stop by and browse; should you like what you see, be sure to click "Follow" so that we can share our creative juices often.

cindy@cottageinstincts said...

GREAT idea. I make handmade soap, btw, and am always looking for creative, repurposed ways to display them.
Popped over from Kim's Reinvented party. Glad to find a fella blog. Off to read some more. :O)
peace.

Fawn said...

Cool idea, I'll have to try this one!

happileah said...

I'm definitely going to try this one-It's fantastic!