Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Plum Turnovers

Well the barrage of plums has started on my Golden plum tree. I don't know if plum trees are self pollinating or not, but I have 1 plum tree loaded with tons of fruit. Well maybe not tons but a lot. But you know you are about to be inundated with recipes for plums.
I have taken my first donation to the food bank, and came up with an easy recipe for plum turn overs. Alas I have no pictures, cause they went fast, but they were good... a little tart but sweet.

Rob's Plum Turnovers

1 sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed
about 1 pound of plums, sliced and pitted
3/4 cups of sugar or splenda
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp. water, for egg wash

Preheat oven to 400
Mix the plums, sugar/splenda, flour and lemon juice well. Spoon onto puff pastry that has been sliced to about 3" X 6" rectangles. Fold over plum mix to make a triangle. Brush the turnovers with the egg wash. Seal the puff pastry with a fork or pie crimper or use your fingers. Make sure you slice a vent on the top of the crust. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool, serve. Really good with Ice Cream.

2 comments:

Farmer's Daughter said...

Please make more and take pictures.

I think the Asian plum trees are self-pollinating, and the European aren't. Or maybe the other way around.

Robj98168 said...

Trust me abs- there will be more and maybe a plum crumble/crisp. Keep this up and I will learn to make a plum pie.