Friday, July 17, 2009

Make Up Post


No not a post about the latest in DIY make-up. That's Crunchy's domain. I am naturally beautiful. Dammit. Don't hate me because I am beautiful!
This post is a make-up for my last Meat Free Monday post, where I happily posted about the wonders of ham biscuits. So i thought I would try them with some TVP. And they where fab. And so is the new Morningstar Farms Italian Sausages. Totally meat free! Can't wait to try them on the grill. I used them because I know of no decent TVP Ham. Anyway here is the rundown.

Easy Cheesy Ham Sausage Biscuits

1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated biscuits ("Grands" works best)
1 cup of Grated Swiss or cheddar cheese (or mix them if you are adventurous)
1 Morningstar Farms Italian Sausage, removed from the casing and finely diced
1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp. water
3/4 c. finely crushed cracker crumbs

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits. Carefully cut the biscuits in half so that each biscuit is now open. Put on 1 tablespoon of diced "sausage". Put biscuit back together, sealing the "sausage" inside the biscuit. Dip in egg wash, then in cheese, then in cracker crumbs. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Hint- use parchment paper on your cookie sheet, since the egg was has a tendency to make the biscuit stick!

And yes I know how to make ham biscuits from scratch... and I do from time to time- this is just a quick variation. And it makes for a good brunch item.

No comments: