Sunday, March 2, 2008

SOME OF MY IKEA HACKS

What a day yesterday- my birthday! My mom invited all my family to come over and look at the new addition I put on my house! WoW! I also thought a great oppurtunity to post some of my hacks:
First the Dry bar I promised- very simple hack- I just put two Billy shelves together with two Jarpen Shelves conected with "L" brackets












An old hack- I took a bookshelf- can't think of the name offhand and built it in to the wall- to show off my china and such.






two Rast bed tables I took and upholstered the tops- make up a nice coffee table














I made the DVD holders by taking three LERBERG dvd holders and connecting them. This set I renoved one of the Lerberg squares to clear the wall heater





Another view of both dvd units











MORE HACKS HERE and Here

2 comments:

Channel 4 TV said...

Hi there! I'm making 8 short films for UK Television (Channel 4).

Based in IKEA Wembley in London, each episode will tell a different story about the wide range of people who pass through IKEA's doors.

I am really keen for one of the films to focus on IKEA Hackers.

Do you visit IKEA Wembley or know someone who does?

If so, please get in touch with me, Rachel, on 07903 806926 or rachel@formmedia.co.uk. Thanks!

Dmarie said...

well done!!