Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sugar Free and Caramelly delicious!

Yo know what a challenge it is to have an extreme sweet tooth and diabetes? Well apparentely Smuckers does. They have a line of sugar free dessert syrups. While I don't care for sugar free chocolate ( they always taste so bitter to me, and not in a good way) I love their Sugar Free Caramel topping. Sometimes I use it on waffles or french toast for a break from sugar free "maple" syrup. (Yes Abbie the qoutes are for you... I know you love true maple syrup but a lot of use just can't) The Caramel topping is great on Sugar free Ice cream, better on fresh fruit! One of my favorites is to take a sliced banana and pour on the caramel. Or dip Apple or strawberries slices in the caramel. But sometimes you gotta mix it up!


SUGAR FREE CARAMEL FRUIT SALAD
1 Banana, sliced
1 apple, sliced
1/2 cup of strawberries, sliced
 1/4 cup Smuckers Sugar Free Caramel syrup

Mix all the fruit slices in a bowl, toss, being careful not to bruise the fruit. Chill for 1/2 hour, then pour on 1/4 cup of the syrup. Serve immediately!  Serves 2 (or 1 piggy person).

Substitute real caramel syrup for the sugar free if you don't have diabetes or other sugar related issues, or for other folks.


I am not paid or given anything by Smuckers for this review. I just like the product!

No comments: