This is a repost of an old post from 2010 that seems appropriate for the warmer weather. So drink up and enjoy!
Some "sun Tea made in my frigidaire
SUN TEA RECIPE FOR SWEET TEA
I found this sun tea recipe on Instructables.com . A few things to add: you don't need sun to make sun tea- you can just put it in the frigidaire or just leave on the counter- the methods are the same, and when you use a large pickle jar or something simular, try saving the lid as you can use that rather than use a zip lock bag or plastic wrap to cover the top. I like that he mixes two teas- red rose which is a black pekoe tea, and constant comment a rather spicy sweeter tea.
* 4 Red Rose tea bags or "black" tea
* 2 Constant Comment tea bags
* Ziploc bag or plastic wrap, big enough to cover opening
* Rubber band
* Something to stir the tea
* Approx. 3L pitcher
* Glass jug, (mine is an old olive jar)
* Approx. 10 tbsp of sugar or equivalent sweetner (I sweeten mine with about 5 tbsp. of agave nectar)
First, get 4 tea bags of Red Rose, and 2 of Constant Comment, and cut the strings off. Second, fill up the jar/jug with water and put the tea bags in, . Put a lid on the jar/jug and put it outside in sun. Or just stick it in your fridge or counter. When done take the tea bags out and add the sweetner and stir well. Serve with glasses filled with Ice.