Saturday, November 27, 2010

(Some) Salvation For Clamshells


Ohhh Trader Joe's--- the store you love to love, except for the plastic buffet that awaits... I mean I get it- health rules and such mean you have to plastic wrap or bag some items, but I never understand the clamshells for 4 apples. And yes I know other grocers do this to... I dearly love "Grapples" an apple that tastes like a grape, but they can only be found at Mainstream Grocery Chains and only in a clam shell- same for those delicate pears and such. Well now Ready Made magazine has a solution - or rather a ReUse idea- I just got my new edition- in the Reader Tips section, one gal wrote in to reuse those pesky clamshells to store christmas ornaments... And they added the idea to also use them to store keepsakes and such. If you have smaller ornaments, egg cartons are the way to go for them! Same procedure- just use each egg compartment for an ornament.

Great Idea! And now thanks to her and Ready Made I can have Grapples again!

Of course, as always I party with the best:






Hump Day link

4 comments:

Laura Kaeding said...

At least you can reuse them!

brenna said...

Great idea. If you already have the clamshells, why not put them to a good use! On a side note, I have heard of a grapple. I am intrigued...

Laura said...

I like your suggestions...and I'm very curious about "grapples". :)

Lisa said...

Great idea! If we are going to have waste we should at least reuse it.

And thanks for joining in on the carnival.