Monday, November 29, 2010

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well for my first cookie recipe, I have to admit to being hornswaggled by advertising... an ad for Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix that had a recipe for making mint chocolate chip cookies using their Sugar Cookie Mix. I thought I could do this without the pre mix - Why not use my own sugar cookie recipe? Easy to work with, I love this recipe. I would imagine you could use your own standard sugar cookie recipe.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

To make them Mint Chocolate Chip:
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
6 to 8 drops green food color
2 pkgs of Mint and Dark chocolate chips
Or 1 Package of Creme De Menth chips and 1 package of Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add the mint extract and the food color- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on cooling racks.


Simply Green said...

So? How did they turn out?

Robj98168 said...


The Cheap Vegetable Gardener said...

These sound much for my diet over the holidays :)

Bruce said...

Thanks for a great blog
Christmas Recipes