Monday, August 30, 2010

Garden Parties, No Reefer and Dog Trailers-- The Weekly Challenge Update

Sharon's Independence Days Challenge Year 3, week 31
1. Plant something: nada
2. Harvest something: Kohl Rabi, Radishes, cucumber
3. Preserve something: nada
4. Waste Not: Got the old reefer going again, canceled the order on the new one.


5: Want not: Made Romeo a trailer so I can take him along when riding my bike. Save a little money making it myself.
6. Preparation and Storage: Thinking I should add a storage building in the front yard to store my bike and scooter in. And Romeo’s trailer; Also, Will use the three Self Watering Planters, the mason bee house and the lady bug house I used in Demo at the Garden Day celebration.
7. Build Community Food Systems: showed folks how to make Self Irrigating planters, Mason Bee houses and lady bug houses, as part of B-Patch Garden Day, our tip off to World Kitchen Garden Day
8. Eat the food (cook something new): Caprese Salad, pickled zucchini, zucchini bread
Garden Challenge: Extreme Evangelist Edition- showed folks how to make Self Irrigating planters, Mason Bee houses and lady bug houses, as part of B-Patch Garden Day, our tip off to World Kitchen Garden Day


Crunchy Chicken’s Pioneer Week Sunday- discovered that my fridge had died. So this week I am roughing it with the cooler. Of course I am pretty sure the Ingalls family didn't have a freezer making ice in milk jugs to get them through!

Thursday and Friday -Rode my Bicycle into to town and I have to say I need to invest in a kinder gentler seat, but in spite of a case of saddle soreness went pretty good


Sunday- topped off the week with a potluck at the community garden, and showed folks how to make Self Irrigating planters, Mason Bee houses and lady bug houses, as part of B-Patch Garden Day, our tip off to World Kitchen Garden Day



No comments: