Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekly Challenge Update- Get off my bench!!!

Now how do you start this damn thing?

Get off my bench! is a private (or not so private) joke between Martin and me- from Steel Magnolias When Clairee and Ouisa are making up after the funeral scene. Well not much doing this week as I am busy with work, getting ready for a family reunion and trying to stay hydrated- meaning cut down the caffeine son! And that don't mean drink ice tea. Well sort of- luckily there are herbal ice teas that i like very much... and I adore Peppermint Ice Tea- a tea that I can make myself from my own grown peppermint! Found a park bench(relevance) today- mom and I are going half on it for the community garden. It is a cement bench with natural stone inlay- very pretty. I think it will look great under the grape trellis at the B-patch.

Sharon's Independence Days Challenge Year 3, week 25
1. Plant something: Nope
2. Harvest something: Chard, Bok Choy, Chive flowers,
3. Preserve something: nope
4. Waste Not: Found an office chair missing a wheel at mom’s dumpster, and repaired
5: Want not: Bought 5 different kinds of tea to make ice tea drinks with
6. Preparation and Storage: nada
7. Build Community Food Systems: Went in half with mom on a park bench for the community garden
8. Eat the food (cook something new): steamed chard with pancetta; salad with chive flowers; made some cheddar cheese dressing for baked potatoes

Garden Challenge: "Extreme Evangelist Edition"- went I half with mom on a park bench for the community garden

1 comment:

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Save some of those peppermint leaves for fruit salad! On a whim,I grabbed a handful from my patio and put them into a fruit salad I served for a brunch. The ladies RAVED over it and asked me if I did anything extra. Nope just cut up fruit and peppermint. Later my husband made sangria with the leftover salad minus the mint.