Friday, April 1, 2011

Sprouter- Pro's and Con's


I have been using my new fangled Sprouter I bought some time back. I was never planning on buying one, how ever I was at a local store and she had one at a reduced price as she said there was a crack at the top of one of the trays. Honest to God if there is I can't find it. My sporuter is a Northrup King brand, but I have found out it was made by the same folks who make the Victorio Sprouter. In fact the instruction booklet is from Victorio. So this year I give up the use of mason jars with my home made sprouting lids, and use a real sprouter. And I can say this about it:

PROS
  • Easy to use,
  • makes three great trays of sprouts,
  • easy to clean out.
  • Great to use if you are going to need a butt-load of sprouts
CONS:
  • I find that certain types of sprouts do better in the Mason Jar like Chick Peas and Beet sprouts. The sprouter is great for smaller seeds like alfalfa.
  • Jars in General allow you to re-use a jar for divine purposes, like growing sprouts. And they are free. In fact you can set up a pretty nice sprouting operation with the use of free jars!
Anyway, I will continue to use the sprouter. And maybe I will grow to really, really love it. But I miss seeing my old jars with sprouts growing in them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I don't know about the best blog on Earth but this is def a good one. Sprouters are awesome. Thanks a lot.