Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekly Challenge Update

Independence Days Challenge Year 4, Week 15


Plant something-


In the greenhouse: Nothing- waiting to repot!


In the community garden plot: Some Chard,


At home: Found one of my artichokes from last year either reseeded or wintered over- transplanted.


Harvest something: Dandelion greens and flowers


Preserve something:


Community: Started digging up some strawberry plants to plant at the Community Garden to share with others.


Preparation: Finished Bucket garden 2.0;


Eat the food/eat something new: dandelion greens in a salad


Waste not: scrap lumber making new garden bed borders Is pressure treated so using for a ornamental bed


Want not: Bought a new printer via Craig’s list; decided not to replace my computer- the dvd drive went out- both of them! Instead I bought an external DVD ROM drive for my netbook that works also on my PC.10% of the cost and almost none of the shipping packaging waste. Works fine. Soy Corn Dogs for dinner again. No wonder I get into ruts! But I love them!

No comments: