Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cooking at Work Week- A re-post- Chile Belles

I can't do a week of cooking at work without bringing up one of my fave- The Chile Belle. All  you need is a microwave to make a plate of this warm gooey meal.

Simple, easy dinner. Something my mom use to make with her homemade chili. But something that's even great with canned chili. I have no idea why they call it Chili Belles (pronounced Chili Bellies). But I am glad that someone invented them.

Chile Belles

1 can of Chili ( I like Trader Joe's Turkey Chili, chose your own favorite) 
or 2 cups of Home made chili

1 bag of Frito's Corn Chips (just doesn't taste the same with tortilla chips)

1 medium onion, chopped fine

1/2 cup of cheddar cheese

1/2 cup of sour cream if desired

First prepare the chili. Spread the frito's on a plate or a shallow bowl, Spread the chili over the fritos top with the onions and cheese. Top with Sour cream if desired. Serve. Enjoy.


No comments: