Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chili Dog Burritos

I cannot take full credit for this, as I saw something like it on Diner's,Drive In's and Dives. But I can take credit for simplifying it. All the tastes of a chili dog, wrapped in a warm crispy tortilla. Ole'!

Tortilla's (I used taco size, but I think the larger size would work better)
2 hot dogs
1 can of chili (I used chicken chili, use your favorite)
Cheese 1/4 cup
1/4 cup of chopped onion
Jalepenos, if desired
Chile Flakes, if desired

Par cook the hot dogs (put them in a micro wave for 1 minute, or a steamer for 1 minute).  Place 1 tblsp. of butter to melt a medium heat in a fry pan or paninni press. Assemble the burrito- 2 hot dogs,then spoon out some chili, top with cheese and onion, jalepenos and chile flakes  and fold burrito style. place in pan or press and cook until golden.

Don't have a Paninni Press? Try this trick: SImply place a second pan over the burrito like so:

Works for paninni sandwiches too! Just remember to flip

No comments: