Sunday, June 6, 2010

Green Festival Fun

It seemed to be a successful Green Festival in Seattle. I of course, was overwhelmed by the groups and such, And also by all the green building products and suppliers. I volunteered to work at the S.c.a.l.l.o.p.s. (Sustainable Communities ALL Over Puget Sound)booth. It was fun to spend a rainy day with like minded people coming together to spread their words and organizations!

There were a lot of "Green" Building companies and products - of course I wanted them all. There was also eco friendly pet products, vegans, PETA, (no I didn't tease or feed the peta people) as well as campaign and political issues. Even Dr. Bonner's soaps were there giving out samples of soap. I can't really say there was any of what I would call "greenwashing as all the companies involved were arguably already green.
Some of them had interesting products I haven't seen in person before like this large wooly pockets wall planter
One of the fun things at the S.C.A.L.L.O.P.S booth was a face painter. Here a young lad is getting made up like his favorite animal.
Of course some big old bald guy had to get his shiny bald forehead painted too





No comments: