Tuesday, May 28, 2013

D.I.Y. Garden Hod



Garden Hod- A basket designed as a harvest basket but can be used for everything from a picnic basket to a knitting basket to a place to store kindling at the fireplace. We love the fact that we can rinse our veggies, including carrots, beets, potatoes, turnips etc., right in the hod.

I always wanted a garden hod… But the price kept me away (They range anywhere from $35 to $75!). So one day I decided to make my own. I made mine from a 

pine Plaque from Michaels, some 1” X 2” ‘s cut into 16” pieces, some Hardware cloth (Fencing) and reused 2 of the pickets I had on hand from remaking my POANG chair into a patio chair. And 1 piece of doweling I had on hand.
 The end result: A nice wooden garden hod. I am going to be so ready for harvesting this year!

2 comments:

jennylee said...

Ooh... another project for my reclaimed pallet wood!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What a real beauty. Impressive and inspiring.