Friday, March 2, 2012

THE ID CHALLENGE 2012



The Independence Day Challenge- 2012 Version!
Seems like this is the fifth year I have done this challenge, albeit with some changes from the official version. I like this challenge because it motivates me, keeps me active and it helps keep me honest!
Plant: Started some gourd seeds, started some sprouts
Harvest: sprouts

Preserve: Froze some leftovers from my Mom's 80th B-day party (buns, meat);
Prepare: bought seed potatoes for 2012; Bought and traded seeds as well.
Local Foods: Nothing yet
Community: Getting ready for another year at the community garden- put in my plot fee!
Eat the food: Put some sprouts in Green Pea Hummus I made
Repair, Re-use, Reduce, Recycle: Repaired an old umbrella I use at work.  Repaired my garden clogs.

No comments: