Friday, September 2, 2011

I should be on Chopped...


Chopped. that Food Network show were professional chefs are given a basket with 4 ingredients and their task is to come up with something good edible in very little time. Of course if I was on it I would be disqualified for calling host Ted Allen a douche bag. And probably at least two of the judges.
Anyway, in the used food store (Grocery Outlet) I discovered a half dozen glazed donuts for $1. So I went out to improve my Bread Pudding recipe. So after much thought, I present you with Donut Bread Pudding. It was either that or use them as hamburger buns for a Donut Bacon Cheese burger. And that is too much even for me!

Donut Bread Pudding
1/2 Dozen glazed donuts, crumbled
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk or skim milk
1/2 cup light brown Sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tbsps. butter
In a Medium bowl, Beat eggs lightly. Add milk, crumbled donuts, brown sugar raisins and cinnamon and mix thoroughly, and pour into a 1 quart baking dish. Dot with butter and bake 40-45 minutes until firm and brown at 350 degrees. Top with a dollop of Whipped Cream if desired. Serves 6.

1 comment:

Kathe said...

I am so gonna steal this recipe! Mr. B is going to think he died and went to heaven! Thanks for sharing!
Kath